Tab List

Thursday, February 23, 2017

I Had a Waterbed

What the heck ever happened to water beds?

My wife and I purchased a new mattress several months ago and it dawned on me that not a single store had a waterbed.

So, I jotted down a note to write about it.  Then…I forgot about it.  I have dozens of raw drafts (some containing only a title as placeholder) and for some reason I fail to consider it for an blog post.  That is why I don’t post more than a handful of items a year.

But today, I felt compelled to reach in and dig out a turd and post it!

Back to waterbeds.  To fuel my rant with some actual facts, I did what most do…I Googled it!  Well what do you know.  As usual, I am late to the party.  It seems The Atlantic (2010), MentalFloss (2016) an others wrote exhaustive pieces on the matter.

I would summarize, but I don’t want to be accused of plagiarizing or something.  Actually I’m too lazy.

They are dormant for the most part, but you can still purchase them from The Waterbed Doctor.  Seriously!  Look it up.

Here is my prediction.  Waterbeds will resurface by 2021.  Hey, Americans are basically out of ideas in many areas and someone will dust off this relic and recast it as good for your cholesterol or better yet a natural abdominal/core workout while sleeping.  Brilliant!  Just remember, you heard it here first.  Ok, maybe not, but maybe?

Run in Peace, Rest in Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment